You are not logged in.

#1 2005-07-11 03:29:30

DeusExLinux

Problems burning audio cd with a scsi device

I've having issues here.  My scsi dvd burner burns data, both cd and dvd, discs fine.  It burns dvd movies fine.  When I try to burn an audio disc, it freaks out, and decides it won't work.  It tells me, first of all, that it can't decode the data properly (they're .wav files), then itgives me an unlocking error on the drive.

My cdburner burns audio discs fine, but it's only 24x, and the dvd burner will burn at 40x, so I would like to be able to use it.
anyone have any hints?

Also, this is a side-note, but for some reason everytime I boot, my computer decides to delete all symbolic links in my /dev/ directory, as I have /dev/scsi/...../cd (my dvd burne) pointed to a /dev/scd0.  It used to do it automatically, but just recently stopped (I don't use hal or dbus).

#2 2005-07-11 03:40:23

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: Problems burning audio cd with a scsi device

DeusExLinux wrote:

Also, this is a side-note, but for some reason everytime I boot, my computer decides to delete all symbolic links in my /dev/ directory, as I have /dev/scsi/...../cd (my dvd burne) pointed to a /dev/scd0.  It used to do it automatically, but just recently stopped (I don't use hal or dbus).

If you use udev, there was recently a change in the rules. For more info: http://www.archlinux.org/news.php#162

#3 2005-07-11 05:43:49

DeusExLinux

Re: Problems burning audio cd with a scsi device

thanks for that!  now, any takers on my other issues?

Board footer