You are not logged in.

#1 2012-03-05 13:46:07

Silex89

Cairo's GnoMenu doesn't work

Hi there dear forumers!

Here's the deal: I'm using gnome-session-compiz from AUR as my DE, everything runs like a dream, no problems at all. I'm struggling with the annoyance of not having a menu to run my apps. I tried to use the Scooby-Doo plugin to start programs that are absent in my Cairo Dock setup, but sometimes, when I type a comand, a pop-up dialog appears and I can't finish typing the name of the application, so I'm forced to close Scooby-Doo to go on (for example, when I type gnome-disk-utility, that freaking dialog appears).

Searching in the Cairo-Dock's site, I learned about GnoMenu (and MintMenu, both do the same things) that allows me to have an app menu in my cairo setup, I tried to install it directly from the site first. It just didn't work... When I clicked on it, nothing happened. I didn't give up and gave a try to MintMenu and...... nothing....

I looked in AUR and found a package that installs GnoMenu, so I did, but it has the same issue that the website's compressed has.

Any ideas??

PS. I actually CAN live without a menu, I can still type comand through the terminal, but I'd really like to be able to run my apps without having to go to the console.

Regards smile

"The way your heart sounds makes all the difference" John Myung

I love Dream Theater! ImL
Best Guitar Solo Ever

Board footer