You are not logged in.

#1 2012-03-09 04:51:40

binskipy2u
Banned

installation over wireless ONLY.. just one question

I read the wiki, it says during the install.. you can install the wireless tools package.. so when you reboot you dont go into a recursive loop when you try to update arch and/or install what you want on the system..

my question is.. do you JUST install the wireless and when you reboot just "pacman -Syu <everything you want to install> and that's it? or do you have to manually edit wireless configuration to get it to work?
It looks like ALOT of things to do just to get a wireless only connection to work just to install the system.. or am I just reading to much into it... or is just as easy as mentioned above?

"Sometimes you comfort the afflicted, other times you AFFLICT the COMFORTABLE"

#2 2012-03-09 06:40:23

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: installation over wireless ONLY.. just one question

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2012-03-09 06:43:57

twau

Re: installation over wireless ONLY.. just one question

Hello,

There is some configuration needed, an easy way is to save the script below on a usb-stick and run it in another tty before starting the Netinstall installation:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=115480

I did this with Netinstall Image a couple of days ago, when you reboot after the installation you can just run the script again to gain wireless easy then set it up manually with netcfg for example.

Good luck!

Board footer