You are not logged in.

#1 2012-03-10 20:46:33

greylogic

Xorg Random crash with no keyborad, display, termial

Hi,

I am running arch in my sager laptop with two external displays (one via hdmi and other dvi). I am using aweome wm as my windows manager. I don't use a login or display manager. I boot to login prompt and lauch awesome using xinit. I have noticed a few times when i quit awesome, all my screens go blank. no terminal. however my keyboard is still working( i test it by togling the caps lock). I just type xinit (without any echo's in the display) and awesome wm gets launched and i can work. This never bothered me.

However recently, i am facing a wierd issue. At random times, the monitor, keyborard and mouse all get's disabled. However my system is still up. I just have no way to interact with it or see what it prints. so i do a ssh and noticed none of the xinit/xorg processes were running. however i don't know why the default terminal or login prompt is not working. (This defect appeared after a pacman update or a chages to boot resoluton of frame buffer). I treid searching all the logs could not find any error messages. May be i don't know where to look.

I can however bring the interface back up by running xinit from the ssh remote terminal. It actually brings awesome wm up in my actual machine. can some one point me in the right direction to diagnoise the reason i loose the default login prompt or reason for x crash.

Thanks

#2 2012-03-15 23:55:15

greylogic

Re: Xorg Random crash with no keyborad, display, termial

Any one ???

Board footer