You are not logged in.

#1 2005-07-13 21:51:09

nutnoob

console color rgb definition

hi.
how do I define rgb values for console color palette?

I'm not talking about bash prompt coloring.

what I want to change is rgb values (or any kind of escape sequence that will alter color) of the default colors.

When I edit .Xdefaults and xrdb -load .Xdefaults, it uses my defined colors for xterm*color1....etc.
But that's only when I'm sitting in front of the machine with edited .Xdefaults + X11 .

I want to use my modified color palette always.
Ex, my color palette should be used when I'm connecting to a server with/or without X11 from a terminal that doesn't have xterm or X11.

Whether I'm connecting to the server from mac os/windows/unix without X11....etc I  want to see my own defined colors.

Is it possible?

Thank you.

#2 2005-07-13 23:16:14

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: console color rgb definition

Does this help you at all? I use the Eterm config from there myself, but maybe the Xterm/RXVT/Aterm section would give you a hint.

#3 2005-07-14 01:15:45

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Re: console color rgb definition

Colors are entirely dependant on what is displaying them - that's why all the terms use different settings...
for the framebuffer, http://www.digitalhermit.com/linux/hiresconsole.html should work
buf as for "connecting from other machines" - you'll have to configure the apps connecting to your linux box seperately (I know this isn't the response you wanted to hear).

Nitty gritty details: color output is done via ANSI color characters... let's pretend [color] is one character representing  the color... the directory "/home" will be output like [blue]home[normal] (a total of 6 characters).  The ansi color chars only supports a small amount of colors - the actual output of [red] is up to program spitting out the output

Board footer