You are not logged in.

#1 2012-03-19 09:53:03

Xi0N
Website

Problems setting up phpvirtualbox

I have followed the wiki https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PhpVirtualBox and installed the virtualbox-bin package from AUR.
I get a blank screen or a message complaining about some configuration errors asking me to review the config.php file, which is correctly edited.....
Im going mad... i have been trying to make it work for a couple of hours and i see no reason why is not working...

I only dont understand one part of the wiki which i think is not clear enough: "If Oracle-distributed binary edition of VirtualBox, available with AUR package virtualbox_bin there is already a vboxweb daemon script, which you can use by placing vboxweb.conf into /etc/conf.d and vboxweb.rc into /etc/rc.d (in the /etc/conf.d/vboxweb, you should take care of VBOXWEB_USER variable which should be set to the system username running the the vboxwebsrv command)."

What is this supposed to mean?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

#2 2012-03-19 13:46:22

Xi0N
Website

Re: Problems setting up phpvirtualbox

OK, now i get a message saying "No configuration found. Rename the file config.php-example in phpVirtualBox's folder to config.php and edit as needed." even though i edited it..........
The wiki about phpvirtualbox is all messed up....

#3 2012-03-19 18:26:35

Xi0N
Website

OK!! Problem solved but:
I need to remotely access vboxwebsvr via port 18083, but i get connection refused.... what is blocking the access from outside the machine? how can i fix this and not mess phpvirtualbox up?

Thanks!!!

#4 2012-03-19 19:14:42

aking9

You could set up a tunnel from the host to the phpvirtualbox?

#5 2012-05-17 23:19:08

johskar

Xi0N wrote:

OK, now i get a message saying "No configuration found. Rename the file config.php-example in phpVirtualBox's folder to config.php and edit as needed." even though i edited it..........
The wiki about phpvirtualbox is all messed up....

What did you do to sort this error out? it all look right here, but I keep getting this error..

Edit: Nvm, found out that arch by default links the conf in /etc/webapps/phpvirtualbox/config.php to /usr/share/webapps/phpvirtualbox/config.php ... removed the link and copied config.php-example to /usr/share/webapps/phpvirtualbox/config.php and it works like a charm :-)

Last edited by johskar (2012-05-17 23:28:09)

Board footer