You are not logged in.

#1 2012-03-27 14:56:04

sweetthdevil

Multiple issue reported on .xsessions-errors Gnome-shell-ext weather

Hi all,

I updated the weather extension using yaourt this morning - it load (I can see the applet in the taskbar) but no information are displayed (keep loading) after inspecting the .xsessions-errors I find the following error: (directly related to the extension) - However the extension work perfectly on my gf's user.

S ERROR: !!!     message = '"Argument 'data' (type utf8) may not be null"'
    JS ERROR: !!!   Exception was: Error: Argument 'data' (type utf8) may not be null
    JS ERROR: !!!     lineNumber = '0'
    JS ERROR: !!!     fileName = '"gjs_throw"'
    JS ERROR: !!!     stack = '"("Argument 'data' (type utf8) may not be null")@gjs_throw:0
([object _private_Soup_SessionAsync],[object _private_Soup_Message])@/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/weather@gnome-shell-extensions.gnome.org/extension.js:491
"'

I also found few errors within the log:

(gnome-shell:1273): Clutter-WARNING **: Attempting to add actor of type 'ShellGenericContainer' to a container of type 'StBoxLayout', but the actor has already a parent of type 'StBoxLayout'.
(gnome-shell:1273): Clutter-CRITICAL **: clutter_text_get_editable: assertion `CLUTTER_IS_TEXT (self)' failed

(gnome-shell:1273): Clutter-CRITICAL **: clutter_text_get_text: assertion `CLUTTER_IS_TEXT (self)' failed

At this time I should point out, I searched the web for few hours before asking for some help,

many thanks for taking the time to read the post and for your assistance,

Regards,

#2 2012-03-27 16:23:11

sweetthdevil

Re: Multiple issue reported on .xsessions-errors Gnome-shell-ext weather

After further investigation it's one of the settings that case the issue (if I remove ~/.config/dconf/user) then I can add the extension and it work.

Now obviously I do not want to remove it and configure my user from scratch, is there a way to read the file, or to check what settings are stored? I ideally would like to compare it with the one from my gf's user (as it work)

Regards,

#3 2012-04-01 17:33:11

evaliauka

facing the same issue

#4 2012-04-01 17:36:47

sweetthdevil

Well I haven't found a solution so I rename dconf and done my settings again. Which wasn't long at all anyway.

#5 2012-04-12 21:59:58

evaliauka

I solved this issue for me. My fault was located in proxy configuration under network manager. I had the following: method: manual, host: <empty>, port: 8080. Set it to none and now weather plugin is working like a charm.
To check if it's your case:
Add something like this

log('response status is ' + message.status_code);

right before this line:

jp.load_from_data(request.response_body.data, -1);

in file /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/weather@gnome-shell-extensions.gnome.org/extension.js (callback in method named load_json_async) and look into ~/.xsession-errors.
If status is 3, your problem is your proxy. List of soup statuses is here

Hope this will help.

Board footer