recently I noticed that amaroK stopped submitting the tracks I am playing to audioscrobbler. I have the setting enabled, and sometimes disabling it and then re-enabling it fixes the problem but not always, like just now that doesn't work
I found a while ago that with IPv6 enabled in my kernel, that amaroK had some issues with a lot of it's online features. (lyrics lookup, cd cover d/l from amazon, audioscrobbler, etc).
Sometimes it would take a minute or two to see any kind of result, other times it would just fail to connect and pop up warnings.
That all seemed to go away when i disabled IPv6 in the kernel.
I don't know if this is similar to what you're getting, but it might be worth looking into.