You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-09 11:13:22

SuddenGun007

[SOLVED]Chromium Error in terminal, chromium running slow.

Problem:
I am getting this error message in the terminal when running Chromium.

[joe@myhost ~]$ chromium
[27299:86881142345:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(239)] Failed to call method: org.
freedesktop.Dbus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.NetworkManager w
as not provided by any .service files

The terminal launches Chromium, and starts up fine. The problem I am having is a speed issue which may or may not be related to what the
terminal is showing. Loading sites (pnc.com, ign.com) takes more than around (45 to 130 seconds).

I did a search on google using the exact error message, which took me to the developers chat between the error code, I also searched their bug reporting lists to find that
there wasn't anything relating to this particular message. I searched the ArchLinux forums and came across the Segfaults thread, and followed the instruction of upgrading (which seemed to fix their problem, not mine.)
The actions I have taken:

Install Chromium using pacman,
Upgraded to the most current releases (pacman -Syu, pacman -S chromium).

If anyone could point me in the right direction on either fixing this particular error, or just what I could do to speed up Chromium in general I would be in great debt.
I think it might just be the way I installed arch. But haven't had any problems with firefox (except for flash).

Last edited by SuddenGun007 (2012-04-09 12:57:57)

#2 2012-04-09 12:09:35

Gcool

Re: [SOLVED]Chromium Error in terminal, chromium running slow.

Welcome to the forums.

That specific message is harmless and can safely be ignored. Some additional info can be found here if you really want to know more about it.

Now for the issue at hand. Try disabling the DNS prefetching setting (Tools --> Options --> Under the hood).

Last edited by Gcool (2012-04-09 12:14:15)

Burninate!

#3 2012-04-09 13:00:02

SuddenGun007

Re: [SOLVED]Chromium Error in terminal, chromium running slow.

Thank you for your help Gcool, tweaking the different settings 'Under the hood' sped chromium up and back on par (a bit faster now) with firefox on my setup.

Edit: Also took a look at the link provided, I wonder if it will ever be 'fixed' (not that it's broken). I can rest easy now knowing it's harmless.

Last edited by SuddenGun007 (2012-04-09 13:07:57)

Board footer