You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-17 22:28:59

Eye4anIrony

[SOLVED] pacman-key issues

After what appeared to be a successful initialization of my keyring (generate master key, sign 5 Arch master keys + assign `marginal' trust), followed by a few successful updates where several keys were added (with pacman asking for confirmation), I started getting errors during updates stating that keys weren't recognized and couldn't be imported remotely. I tried switching to the MIT keyserver as suggested here, but the errors recurred in exactly the same fashion.

Next, I tried resetting my key-ring, deleting /etc/pacman.d/gnupg. Now, pacman-key hangs while generating my master key.

The first time around, right after I installed Arch, pacman-key asked for more entropy, which was easy to provide from another console. Initialization finished in 2, maybe 3 minutes. This time it doesn't indicate any need for entropy. I've left it to sit for 5 hours, but the program seems completely hung.

I'm planning on a full re-install in the near future anyways, so it's not a critical issue. Still, to learn from the experience and prepare for future troubles, I approach you, o sagely Archers, asking your insight.

Last edited by Eye4anIrony (2012-04-17 23:22:08)

The moving power of mathematical invention is not reasoning, but imagination.  -  A. De Morgan

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to yearn for the endless immensity of the sea.  -  Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#2 2012-04-17 22:38:03

/dev/zero

Re: [SOLVED] pacman-key issues

Please remember to research problems before asking about them. This is a known problem. This thread has a workaround and comes in at the top of a google search for "pacman key won't import".

Board footer