You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-25 06:36:29

sobering
Website

[SOLVED] Small issue with Awesome WM key bindings

Hey folks,

I did some searching and couldn't seem to find anyone describing the problem I'm facing. It's probably something extremely simple so plese forgive me.

I'm using Awesome WM and I've got a couple key bindings setup; one for taking screenshots and one for opening dmenu. These keys work perfectly fine, however after the command is executed my mouse turns into a watch icon and stays like that, until after a bit of clicking around it finally changes back to the pointer. I'm not quite sure what's happening. It's not inhibiting me in any way, it's just kind of annoying.

I've included a snippet from my rc.lua file:

awful.key({ }, "Print", function () awful.util.spawn("scrot -e 'mv $f ~/screenshots/ 2>/dev/null'") end),
    awful.key({ modkey,           }, "d", function () awful.util.spawn("dmenu_run -b") end),

Thanks for any help you guys can provide. If you need more info from me just say so and I'll get it as fast as I can.

Last edited by sobering (2012-04-27 02:30:51)

#2 2012-04-26 04:59:44

anonymous_user

Re: [SOLVED] Small issue with Awesome WM key bindings

Does your cursor turn into the watch icon if you run the command from a terminal?

#3 2012-04-26 06:13:21

Into the Pit

You can disable this behavior with this.

#4 2012-04-27 02:30:34

sobering
Website

anonymous_user wrote:

Does your cursor turn into the watch icon if you run the command from a terminal?

Yep, it sure did.

Into the Pit wrote:

You can disable this behavior with this.

This worked perfectly. Thank you very much.

Also, funny story. After nobody responded to the thread within the first few hours, I forgot I posted this topic. I then stumbled across this thread again about five minutes ago by Googling another issue I was having with Awesome WM. Awesome.

Last edited by sobering (2012-04-27 02:32:16)

Board footer