You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-25 20:35:02

rg_arc

Shortcut for launching Gnome-Terminal is gone after the update[SOLVED]

I had a shortcut for launching the terminal (alt + 3) for easy access as well as opening a separate windows easily. I remember creating the shortcut simply by going to the terminal menu (F10) and editing shortcuts. I can't find that option anywhere and with the new update I searched through System Settings -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts and I couldn't find a way to launch the terminal using a set of keys (preferrably the one I chose).

I am not sure about how to create a new shortcut with the new system. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Also, one of the main reasons I use the shortcut launch is to have access to the terminal in case something goes wrong with the system and I can't use the cursor to click on the terminal icon.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by rg_arc (2012-04-26 02:42:05)

#2 2012-04-25 22:57:42

davison

Re: Shortcut for launching Gnome-Terminal is gone after the update[SOLVED]

I lost mine too, don't know why, but it's easy enough to recreate.

Launch the keyboard settings dialog and click the shortcuts tab.  Click on "Custom Shortcuts" at the bottom of the list on the left, then the "+" button under the main panel.  Give it any name and the command you want to run, i.e. "gnome-terminal --geometry 80x40".  Once it's in the list it should say "Disabled" on the right; click the word "Disabled" itself and it changes to "New Accelerator..." now just hit your preferred key combo to launch the command and it will be stored.

hth.

#3 2012-04-26 02:41:46

rg_arc

Re: Shortcut for launching Gnome-Terminal is gone after the update[SOLVED]

ah thanks... I needed that info.

Board footer