You are not logged in.

#1 2005-07-23 11:35:31

aardwolf

wrong magic bytes at the start

Hi,

whenever I'm updating something with pacman, I get an error about /usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMCNVIDIA.so.1.0.7667 not being an ELF file, like so:

checking package integrity... done.
loading package data... done.
checking for file conflicts... done.
/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMCNVIDIA.so.1.0.7667 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

upgrading alsa-utils... done.
/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXvMCNVIDIA.so.1.0.7667 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

upgrading man-pages... done.

upgrading zlib... done.

My NVIDIA drivers are working perfectly however, so I would be surprised if the file were corrupt. What could be doing this, should I replace the file, if so where can I find a non corrupted one?

#2 2005-10-13 18:00:23

nullvar

Re: wrong magic bytes at the start

A couple months old, but I've got a similar problem. When I do an upgrade with pacman, I get:

upgrading bzip2... done.
/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.0.7667 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1.0.7667 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

/sbin/ldconfig: /usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1 is not an ELF file - it has the wrong magic bytes at the start.

The only other problem I've notice is when I try to start mplayer I get:

gmplayer: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libGL.so.1: invalid ELF header

I'm not sure if they're related, but seam to be similar errors. This is after the big upgrade I did the other day to gcc4.

Anyone got any ideas?

May the Schwartz be with you.

#3 2005-10-13 18:06:24

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: wrong magic bytes at the start

Did you recompile the nvidia driver after you upgraded to gcc4?

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Board footer