You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-26 08:50:28

Triston J. Taylor
Banned

Pointer Device: Overscrolling

I need help finding out what's responsible for this. My synaptics touchpad is "acting' like an android/iphone/tablet device and I don't like it. When I scroll pages/window content it keeps scrolling when I have stopped scrolling the pad. I would like to have the default behavior back asap. This just started happening to me this month after an upgrade. I'm using Gnome 3.

I don't know if its called overscrolling but basically that's what it is. Its really buggy and it often starts doing it when I don't want it to. If its not scrolling pages on its own its causing the touchpad to be non responsive for extremely short (but annoying) periods.

systemd has its advantages; of these the most damaging are: corporatization, security bottlenecks, control obfuscation, and micro-managed forward compatibility pitfalls. Free Software meets Dictatorship. What a maroon.

#2 2012-04-26 08:54:13

Into the Pit

Re: Pointer Device: Overscrolling

set Option "CoastingSpeed" "0" in your /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-synaptics.conf

#3 2012-04-26 08:55:52

skanky

"...one cannot be angry when one looks at a penguin."  - John Ruskin
"Life in general is a bit shit, and so too is the internet. And that's all there is." - scepticisle

#4 2012-04-26 08:57:38

Triston J. Taylor
Banned

Into the Pit wrote:

set Option "CoastingSpeed" "0" in your /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-synaptics.conf

Thanks. Spot On.

systemd has its advantages; of these the most damaging are: corporatization, security bottlenecks, control obfuscation, and micro-managed forward compatibility pitfalls. Free Software meets Dictatorship. What a maroon.

Board footer