You are not logged in.

#1 2012-05-05 16:28:52

giwrg98

[SOLVED] How can I select ackages from a package group?

Hey guys, I know that this question is very stupid but I have to ask. When I type pacman -S <package group e.g. gnome>, pacman lists some packages with a number in front. How can I install only some of these packages?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by giwrg98 (2012-05-06 12:33:14)

#2 2012-05-05 16:39:36

Gcool

Re: [SOLVED] How can I select ackages from a package group?

When you try to install a package group, you'll a receive a prompt stating "Enter a selection (default=all):" which does exactly what it says. You can enter the numbers of the packages you want and only those will be installed.

Burninate!

#3 2012-05-05 16:41:02

giwrg98

Gcool wrote:

When you try to install a package group, you'll a receive a prompt stating "Enter a selection (default=all):" which does exactly what it says. You can enter the numbers of the packages you want and only those will be installed.

Shall I enter the numbers seperated by a space character?

#4 2012-05-05 16:46:23

Gcool

giwrg98 wrote:
Gcool wrote:

Shall I enter the numbers seperated by a space character?

Yes.

Burninate!

#5 2012-05-05 17:28:40

falconindy
Developer
Website

As per the man pages, ranges are supported as well, as per the --sync option's description:

In addition to packages, groups can be specified as well. For example, if gnome is a defined package
           group, then pacman -S gnome will provide a prompt allowing you to select which packages to install from a
           numbered list. The package selection is specified using a space separated list of package numbers.
           Sequential packages may be selected by specifying the first and last package numbers separated by a
           hyphen (-). Excluding packages is achieved by prefixing a number or range of numbers with a caret (^).

Board footer