You are not logged in.

#1 2005-07-27 12:44:08

mipooh

Alsamixergui

Hi,

I need alsamixergui, as the options are far more than in the alsamixer, at least for the Audigy.
I tried to compile it, but had problems with ./configure. Some LTK things, I don´t know anything about.

If someone is interested to make a package, it would be nice to have one.

Mipooh

Isn´t it wonderful?

#2 2005-07-27 14:06:14

neri
Forum Fellow

Re: Alsamixergui

mipooh wrote:

Hi,

I need alsamixergui, as the options are far more than in the alsamixer, at least for the Audigy.
I tried to compile it, but had problems with ./configure. Some LTK things, I don´t know anything about.

If someone is interested to make a package, it would be nice to have one.

Mipooh

Did you try with fltk installed? FLTK is a satically linking gui toolkit.
pacman -S fltk

-neri

#3 2005-07-27 14:22:09

mipooh

Yes I did. But there was an error, I remember something like -lfltk missing... didn´t know how to solve that.

fltk-1.1.6-1: is up to date.

checking for numericsort in -lfltk... no
configure: error: missing fltk

Mipooh

Isn´t it wonderful?

#4 2005-07-27 14:39:45

neri
Forum Fellow

HI,

can you post your PKGBUILD to have thingy to start with?

-neri

#5 2005-07-27 22:00:28

mipooh

I don't have a PKGBUILD. I just tried to compile.
Mipooh

Isn´t it wonderful?

#6 2005-07-28 11:52:43

xerxes2
Website

do you have a link to it?

arch + gentoo + initng + python = enlisy

#7 2005-07-28 12:05:22

mipooh

Isn´t it wonderful?

#8 2005-07-28 12:26:39

neri
Forum Fellow

I had a look at it, and this ancient code. The debian folks provide a patch for it which basically requires a complete recreation of of the project. What excatcly are the functions you need from it, which you can't get from other apps. Which other apps did you look at?

a quote from the page:

... so it provides exactly the same functionality, but with a graphical userinterface

-neri

#9 2005-07-28 12:42:48

mipooh

I think there are many more functions (visible) than in the alsamixer. What I really need is the 2nd mic, as always my mic only worked with that.
The mic booster I had only seen in the alsamixergui up to now, but maye it would be active without that. In the alsamixergui it never was.

I will give you a screenshot of two mixers to see all the available contols: http://www.feeleasy.net/alsamixergui.png

The version in debian-sid is just rc2, same version as above.
Mipooh

Isn´t it wonderful?

#10 2005-07-28 14:13:36

neri
Forum Fellow

mipooh wrote:

I think there are many more functions (visible) than in the alsamixer. What I really need is the 2nd mic, as always my mic only worked with that.
The mic booster I had only seen in the alsamixergui up to now, but maye it would be active without that. In the alsamixergui it never was.

I will give you a screenshot of two mixers to see all the available contols: http://www.feeleasy.net/alsamixergui.png

The version in debian-sid is just rc2, same version as above.
Mipooh

Please don't think I will pull you away from the software with all available force. My matter is that there are options available, not knowing KDE, but I think there is a Kmix application where all things are available at fingertipps. Also Gnome comes with the gnome-alsamixer. Moreover, gamix is as dead as alsamixergui but iirc it compiles at least. In aur is an qamix application, which looks very capable and even nicer than alsamixergui.
http://www.justdreams.de/archlinux/images/mixers.png
showing alsamixer console, which has a boost switch btw. Just navigate many times to the right, so you can see it. Also xfce4-mixer is available from repos, And qamix is a just a fresh build from the aur PKGBUILD.

If you really just looking for a capable gui, you better have a look at these (more recent) apps, if you really wanna have alsamixergui you prolly need the debian patch.

HTH,
- neri

Board footer