You are not logged in.

#1 2012-05-22 14:39:55

altbdoor

[SOLVED] networkmanager, disable saving APs and accessing settings

hi

some may know me ranting about manually connecting to wireless APs previously... but i have installed networkmanager for the moment. its working and i'm happy.

i have some questions though, as listed below.

1. can i disable networkmanager from saving the wireless AP settings every time i connect?
reason: nothing particular. its a little annoying to me, so i just want to know if its possible.

-----

2. can i access the "Edit Connections" window using cli command (preferable) or any other way than right-clicking nm-applet? please do note that i do not seek to emulate right clicking nm-applet.
reason: my touchpad buttons are clunky. the left button gave way some time ago. right button is too, soon sad

extra information would be, i'm using openbox window manager with tint2. no login manager, just agetty, key in user and password and bam. openbox. i have tried wicd, but it just didn't work (couldn't even connect goddammit).

thanks in advance.

Last edited by altbdoor (2012-05-23 05:37:01)

#2 2012-05-23 05:36:48

altbdoor

Re: [SOLVED] networkmanager, disable saving APs and accessing settings

i found the answers by myself tongue

1. networkmanager saves the connections at /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections all the time. so, i made a symbolic link to /dev/shm. connections are saved in the RAM instead of /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections. a reboot will clear all the saved wireless APs.

cd /etc/NetworkManager/
rm -rf system-connections
ln -s /dev/shm system-connections

2. just run the following line in your desired terminal

nm-connection-editor

Board footer