You are not logged in.

#1 2012-05-23 05:16:10

donniezazen
Website

[SOLVED] Automount in Awesome WM, Internal Volumes and Authorization.

Hello,

I am little perplexed with alternatives (autofs, udiskie, etc.) to mount external drives and windows partition. According to Awesome Wiki, I decided to give udisks and udisk-glue-git a try as wiki says it's a better solution. I added the configuration from wiki to my rc.lua. I still was not able to automount and also information I copied from wiki to my rc.lua reverted system to default settings and not my modified rc.lua. The code i copied from wiki is as follows. I suppose I have all packages required installed (thunar-volman, consolekit, polkit-gnome, ntfs-3g, ntfsprogs, gvfs, etc.). I do not have .xinit. I use LightDM. I am not sure what am I doing wrong.

ERROR

Not Authorized to perform operation
filter disks {
          optical = false
          partition_table = false
          usage = filesystem
 }
 match disks {
          automount = true
          automount_options = sync
          post_mount_command = "echo \'naughty.notify({title = \"USB:\", text =\"mounted %device_file on %mount_point\", timeout = 10})\' | awesome-client"
          post_unmount_command = "echo \'naughty.notify({title = \"USB:\", text =\"unmounted %device_file on %mount_point\", timeout = 10})\' | awesome-client"
 }
 filter optical {
         optical = true
 }
 match optical {
         automount = true
         automount_options = ro
         post_mount_command = "echo \'naughty.notify({title = \"CD-Rom:\", text =\"mounted %device_file on %mount_point\", timeout = 10})\' | awesome-client"
         post_mount_command = "echo \'udisks_glue:mount_device(\"%device_file\",\"%mount_point\",\"Cdrom\")\' | awesome-client"
         post_unmount_command = "echo \'naughty.notify({title = \"CD-Rom:\", text =\"unmounted %device_file on %mount_point\", timeout = 10})\' | awesome-client"
 }

Thanks.

Last edited by donniezazen (2012-05-24 18:18:53)

#2 2012-05-23 15:47:56

projectdelphai

Re: [SOLVED] Automount in Awesome WM, Internal Volumes and Authorization.

I'm assuming you're trying to automount external USB drives or hard drives? I'm not sure about partitions. Did you look at the Arch Wiki page for automounting too? I've found that naquadah usually gives his advice for multiple distros not only arch. Try this wiki page. I used udiskie with awesome and SLiM and they automounted in Thunar fine. You want to edit your ~/.xinitrc not your rc.lua with udiskie. Don't know if it'll help.

#3 2012-05-23 16:11:06

igndenok

If you already installed consolekit !?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ConsoleKit

Ask, and it shall be given you.
Seek, and ye shall find.
Knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

#4 2012-05-23 17:01:43

magicalChicken
Website

I would recommend doing this without the use of consolekit or anything like that simply because it is big and fat and has many dependencies. I use an awesome little program called LDM that is in the AUR. It simply runs as root and mounts drives when they are plugged in to the computer. It was written by TheLemonMan here on the forums and it has worked very well for me.

#5 2012-05-23 17:43:29

projectdelphai

I saw LDM in the wiki. Do you just have to install it and it runs automatically? Or do you have to run it in the daemons or some configuration file?

#6 2012-05-23 18:05:43

igndenok

It's daemon and no configuration at all, LDM only depend on udev.

Ask, and it shall be given you.
Seek, and ye shall find.
Knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

#7 2012-05-23 19:24:27

donniezazen
Website

Windows partition return with error Not Authorized to Perform Operation
USB Drives are mounted under /run/media without write permissions.

One important thing for me is that external drives are safely removed and not abruptly when data is being written which it seems is more common. I have found another tool pmount. I wanted something that works graphically and does not require command let alone root privilege to eject or write.

Thank you all.

UPDATE0: Sort of momentary solution. I might open another thread for safe-removal after some reading as too many questions in a thread messes everything up.

Creating the file below enabled me to mount internal volume.

/etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/50-filesystem-mount-system-internal.pkla

[Override udisks2 filesystem-mount-system rule]
Identity=unix-user:myusername
Action=org.freedesktop.udisks2.filesystem-mount-system
ResultAny=auth_admin
ResultInactive=auth_admin
ResultActive=yes

Source

Last edited by donniezazen (2012-05-24 18:17:09)

Board footer