You are not logged in.

#1 2012-05-31 00:05:11

DeletedUser210719
Banned

[SOLVED] LXDM Shutdown/Reboot Issues

Under "vanilla" conditions (unmodified /etc/lxdm/lxdm.conf), I have no trouble logging in and out and powering off/rebooting using LXDM.

My problem seems to arise when I set my main user account to autologin.  The autologin works as expected, and I log back out to LXDM just fine.  After logging out, there is a "username" text field replacing the large user boxes, which is a little out-of-place but isn't my main concern.

If I try to shutdown or reboot, nothing will happen, and I give it a second just to make sure it isn't taking place in a tty or something odd like that (checked my running tty's just to be sure).  Afterward, I log back in to my main account, and upon logging out once more, the system proceeds to power off.

The only time I've been able to reproduce it was with the autologin enabled.  Possibly worth noting is my /etc/lxdm/PostLogout, which contains this snippet from the LXDM ArchWiki Page:

#!/bin/sh
# Kills all your processes when you log out.
killall --user $USER -TERM

May not be very much related, but it is the only other change I have made to LXDM.  However, it had no adverse effects on the shutdown/reboot post-logout functionality with the autologin disabled.

I would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction for fixing this bizarre behavior.

Last edited by DeletedUser210719 (2012-06-11 15:18:34)

#2 2012-06-11 15:18:16

DeletedUser210719
Banned

Re: [SOLVED] LXDM Shutdown/Reboot Issues

I ended up adding /sbin/reboot to /etc/lxdm/PreReboot, and /sbin/poweroff to /etc/lxdm/PreShutdown.

It's more of a workaround than a solution, but it seems like the easiest and most effective solution so far.  No problems with it yet.

Board footer