You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-01 14:31:49

milasch

Use command line bittorrent client to seed only

Assuming I have an 8GB file stored in /home/user/store/some_file and a .torrent file stored in /home/user/store/some_file.torrent

I want to use a command line client (bittorrent or bittornado) to seed the file to others in my LAN.

If I do:

user@host:/home/user/store$ /usr/bin/btdownloadheadless --minport 6000 --maxport 8999 /home/user/store/some_file.torrent

It for some reason downloads the file (???) instead of simply seeding it?

How can I accomplish this?

#2 2012-06-01 14:46:22

DSpider

Re: Use command line bittorrent client to seed only

It for some reason downloads the file (???) instead of simply seeding it?

I'm just guessing here but couldn't "/usr/bin/btdownloadheadless" have anything to do with it?

From the command line you can also use rtorrent or deluged (the Deluge daemon) running in the background.

"How to Succeed with Linux"

I have made a personal commitment not to reply in topics that start with a lowercase letter. Proper grammar and punctuation is a sign of respect, and if you do not show any, you will NOT receive any help (at least not from me).

#3 2012-06-01 15:42:04

alphaniner

Re: Use command line bittorrent client to seed only

Does it download the file to /home/user/store with the name some_file , overwriting your existing file?

But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist.
-Lysander Spooner

Board footer