#1 2012-06-03 14:44:36

erkin

GRUB2 doesn't boot

GRUB Loading.
Welcome to GRUB!

error: file not found
Entering rescue mode...
grub rescue>_

This is the only error message I get. I can't use rescue prompt anyway, since I can't use QWERTY.
I'm certain that grub.cfg is located in /boot/grub/ and I reinstalled GRUB and regenerated config numerous times.
Yet, no avail.

#2 2012-06-04 09:42:54

DSpider

Re: GRUB2 doesn't boot

Can you tell us about your general partitioning scheme? I remember from the IRC channel that you have a separate boot partition.

Post your /etc/fstab. Maybe it's not mounted correctly or there are some files missing from there. The idea is to mount the boot partition (which contains a "grub" folder) in the "boot" folder from your "/" so that it looks like this: /boot/grub/grub.cfg (and not /boot/boot/grub/grub.cfg).

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GRUB2

Warning: Make sure to check the /boot directory if you use the latter. Sometimes the boot-directory parameter creates another /boot folder inside of /boot. A wrong install would look like: /boot/boot/grub/.

PS: If you're going to post the fstab file, the output of these wouldn't hurt either (ran from a "live" Linux distribution):

# fdisk -l
# blkid

"How to Succeed with Linux"

I have made a personal commitment not to reply in topics that start with a lowercase letter. Proper grammar and punctuation is a sign of respect, and if you do not show any, you will NOT receive any help (at least not from me).

Board footer