You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-06 13:42:21

scalmes

Install Java SE for embedded

Hello,

I am trying to install Java SE for Embedded 7 ARM v6/7 Linux Headless on my Pogoplug ARM v6 running Linux Arch.

For this I downloaded the .tar.gz file from Oracle's website ( version=7u4-armv6-eabi-k2.6.28-libc2.9-hflt-le), applied the tar command to decompress, moved the result to /opt/java, adapted the enironment variables by editing the /etc/profile file as follows:

PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/java/bin"   
export PATH
export JAVA_HOME="/opt/java"                                                         
export PATH="opt/java/bin:$PATH"

when running an application that needs JAVA, I get:

17015 Illegal instruction     java -Declipse.ignoreApp=true -Dosgi.noShutdown=true -Djetty.port=8080 -Djetty.port.ssl=8443 -Djetty.home=. -Dlogback.configurationFile=logs/logback.xml -Dfelix.fileinstall.dir=addons -Djava.library.path=lib -Djava.security.auth.login.config=./etc/login.conf -Dorg.quartz.properties=./etc/quartz.properties -jar $cp $* -console                                             

I assume Java is not installed correctly (it is the first time I install manually)?

Board footer