You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-08 21:31:17

TheHebes

Archiso default packages

Let's say for a second that I wanted to install a custom kernel into Archiso. I've already added the package to a local repo and designated it to be added to Archiso when I run the build.sh. I've also modified the syslinux.cfg to use the new kernel. My question now is: how do I tell Archiso I don't want the stock kernel, or many other default programs (in the interest of saving space)?

Laptops:
MSI GS60 Ghost
Asus Zenbook Pro UX501VW
Lenovo Thinkpad X120e

#2 2012-06-13 15:43:43

lilsirecho
Veteran

Re: Archiso default packages

Perhaps you can identify your repo source in the initial phase of the .iso which will be used to install your version .  IMHO that seems to be the only way to establish your repo.

Prediction...This year will be a very odd year!
Hard work does not kill people but why risk it: Charlie Mccarthy
A man is not complete until he is married..then..he is finished.
When ALL is lost, what can be found? Even bytes get lonely for a little bit!     X-ray confirms Iam spineless!

#3 2012-06-15 13:39:52

TheHebes

Actually figured this out. If you dig into the build.sh, there is a flag to run mkinitcpio, and that's where you designate it to build using a custom kernel. Of course, the kernel package has to be installed. Turns out, in order to create the basic filesystem of the .iso, ArchIso needs to install everything in base, which includes the stock kernel. So what I ended up doing was removing the first command of the build.sh, which creates the root filesystem and installs base, replacing it with a bunch of mkdir commands to set everything up, and then added what I needed to the packages.${arch} file.

Laptops:
MSI GS60 Ghost
Asus Zenbook Pro UX501VW
Lenovo Thinkpad X120e

#4 2012-06-15 15:46:47

lilsirecho
Veteran

Well done............

Prediction...This year will be a very odd year!
Hard work does not kill people but why risk it: Charlie Mccarthy
A man is not complete until he is married..then..he is finished.
When ALL is lost, what can be found? Even bytes get lonely for a little bit!     X-ray confirms Iam spineless!

Board footer