You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-26 05:26:35

mrhobbeys

Recomendations for VirtualBox

Hello
I installed Arch on my virtualbox some time ago, now I have a new computer and during transfer of files my failing hard drive gave out, I had gotten most of the important things, however I lost 2 of my VM's Arch being one of them. I really don't remember how I got it installed it was over a year ago, maybe as many as 2.5 years ago...

At this point I am re-reading the documentation and wanted to know if there is a preferred method or other information, that might not be fully covered when using VirtualBox. I would also like to know how peoples experiences have been that use VirtualBox I'm getting back to my install now looking forward to any reply.

#2 2012-06-26 06:01:52

Gcool

Re: Recomendations for VirtualBox

Welcome to the forums.

Last time I installed Arch in Virtualbox (admittedly, it has been a while); I had no issues at all going through the AIF install process. All in all, just give it a go and should any problems arise; the wiki and/or forum search will most likely provide you with an answer.

PS: as always, if you have the option (internet access during the install); go for a netinstall.

Last edited by Gcool (2012-06-26 06:08:52)

Burninate!

#3 2012-06-26 06:43:18

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Recomendations for VirtualBox

Beginner's guide more than covers it, I think. There's really not much difference installing it in a VM.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer