You are not logged in.

#1 2012-06-29 19:11:32

I am Gianluca

Chromium - Your profile could not be opened correctly

Hello,

since a couple of days when I start chromium appeared two error windows, reporting this notice (two windows with the same notice):

Your profile could not be opened correctly.
Some features may be unavailable. Please check that the profile exists and you have permission to read and write its contents.

The problem isn't new to me, so I tried to solve it as usual deleting the file 'Web Data' in /home/gianluca/.config/chromium/Default/
Unfortunately this time it doesn't work properly and I cannot access the 'History' function and find the 'Most visited pages' as my default first page.
So I've tried to reinstall chromium but it didn't help.

I've tried to run chromium through the console, for knowing something more about the problem, but it doesn't help me to understand.

$ chromium
[9029:9040:8611748526:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(489)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.systemd1.LoadFailed: Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.service failed to load: No such file or directory. See system logs and 'systemctl status dbus-org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.service' for details.
[9029:9029:8611839915:ERROR:nss_util.cc(463)] Error initializing NSS with a persistent database (sql:/home/gianluca/.pki/nssdb): NSS error code: -8187
[9029:9044:8612017544:ERROR:diagnostic_error_delegate.h(31)] sqlite error 778, errno 0: disk I/O error
[9029:9044:8612018284:ERROR:diagnostic_error_delegate.h(31)] sqlite error 1, errno 0: no such table: meta
[9029:9044:8612019256:ERROR:diagnostic_error_delegate.h(31)] sqlite error 1, errno 0: SQL logic error or missing database
[9029:9044:8612019367:ERROR:web_data_service.cc(646)] Cannot initialize the web database: 1
Gkr-Message: secret service operation failed: The name org.freedesktop.secrets was not provided by any .service files
[9029:9064:8612620394:ERROR:diagnostic_error_delegate.h(31)] sqlite error 778, errno 0: disk I/O error
[9029:9064:8612620665:ERROR:diagnostic_error_delegate.h(31)] sqlite error 1, errno 0: SQL logic error or missing database
[9029:9050:8613381647:ERROR:cookie_monster.cc(1723)] Found 3 duplicate cookies for host='google.com', with {name='__utma', domain='.chrome.google.com', path='/'}
[9029:9050:8613385981:ERROR:cookie_monster.cc(1723)] Found 4 duplicate cookies for host='google.com', with {name='__utmb', domain='.chrome.google.com', path='/'}
[9029:9050:8613386189:ERROR:cookie_monster.cc(1723)] Found 3 duplicate cookies for host='google.com', with {name='__utmz', domain='.chrome.google.com', path='/'}
[9029:9044:8614871602:ERROR:diagnostic_error_delegate.h(31)] sqlite error 778, errno 0: disk I/O error
[9151:9151:8617636982:ERROR:nss_util.cc(463)] Error initializing NSS with a persistent database (sql:/home/gianluca/.pki/nssdb): NSS error code: -8187

I couldn't say if I used to have all these errors also before, because usually I start chromium though a short-cut.
What looks weird to me is that the error seems to be linked to NetworkManager. I switched to WICD since a couple of weeks.. by the way, who can NetworkManager be the first cause of a profile error? :-/

I already check into the ArchWiki but the console error reported is different. Could the solution be the same?

Last edited by I am Gianluca (2012-06-29 19:14:48)

Laptop: Acer Aspire S3 | Linux Mint Cinnamon 64-bit

#2 2012-06-29 19:21:32

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Chromium - Your profile could not be opened correctly

Is a dbus session running?

You need dbus both started globally, usually in rc.conf's daemon array, but also you need a user session generally started by having a "dbus-launch" before your window manager in xinitrc.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2012-06-29 21:01:40

I am Gianluca

Thank you for your help Trilby.
I have dbus in rc.conf's daemon array and my xinitrc is like this:

#!/bin/sh

if [ -d /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d ]; then
  for f in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/*; do
    [ -x "$f" ] && . "$f"
  done
  unset f
fi

udiskie &
exec startxfce4 --with-ck-launch

That's the xinitrc that I found in the ArchWiki's XFCE page, with the only exception of the udiskie code. There is a note that could be useful:

In case you are wondering, dbus-launch will be launched by the xinitrc.d code at the beginning of the file. dbus-launch starts a dbus-daemon instance to provide communication with PolicyKit.

So, standing on what the Wiki says, I have also dbus-launch launched. Am I wrong?

Last edited by I am Gianluca (2012-06-29 21:02:02)

#4 2012-06-29 21:44:04

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

You're right, dbus should not be the problem.  I can't interpret all those error messages, but the first did look like a dbus problem though - I have received similar* messages with webbrowsers when I don't have a dbus session running.  But to my knowledge you are starting it correctly.

*note, similar in some respects, but upon second look definitely not the same.  There is also something about network manager there which is outside my experience.

Last edited by Trilby (2012-06-29 21:45:54)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#5 2012-07-01 18:42:36

I am Gianluca

Thank you anyway Trilby!
I genuinely hope to solve this annoying problem as soon as possible.

#6 2012-08-05 20:40:09

dasmaze

I currently have the same problem with chromium. This happened (and disappeared) a few times during the last months for me. I also have a similar problem with Mendeley, which spits out I/O errors when I use it. It doesn't specify the exact error code, though I suspect it is the same problem as with chromium. It also started to have problems a few months ago, and it also worked sometimes for a few days and then broke again. When running mendeley in a terminal, it outputs something like this:

"SQL Error:
	disk I/O error
Query executed:
	INSERT OR REPLACE INTO EventLog (id, type, timestamp, sent) VALUES (:id, :type, :timestamp, :sent)
Bound Values:
	':id':2
	':type':SelectGroup
	':timestamp':1344198900
	':sent':false
" 
"SQL Error:
	constraint failed
Query executed:
	INSERT OR REPLACE INTO EventAttributes (eventId, attribute, value) VALUES (:eventId, :attribute, :value)
Bound Values:
	':eventId':2
	':attribute':GroupRemoteId
	':value':0
" 
Error in finalize query "foreign key constraint failed" : "INSERT OR REPLACE INTO EventAttributes (eventId, attribute, value) VALUES (:eventId, :attribute, :value)" 
"SQL Error:
	constraint failed
Query executed:
	INSERT OR REPLACE INTO EventAttributes (eventId, attribute, value) VALUES (:eventId, :attribute, :value)
Bound Values:
	':eventId':2
	':attribute':Name
	':value':All Deleted Documents
" 
Error in finalize query "foreign key constraint failed" : "INSERT OR REPLACE INTO EventAttributes (eventId, attribute, value) VALUES (:eventId, :attribute, :value)" 
Error in finalize query "disk I/O error" : "INSERT OR REPLACE INTO EventLog (id, type, timestamp, sent) VALUES (:id, :type, :timestamp, :sent)" 
Error in finalize query "cannot commit - no transaction is active" : "COMMIT" 
QNetworkReplyImplPrivate::error: Internal problem, this method must only be called once.
"SQL Error:
	disk I/O error
Query executed:
	INSERT OR REPLACE INTO Resources (id,type,iconData) VALUES (:id,:type,:iconData)
Bound Values:
	':id':followed-shared-public-group
	':type':ImageType
	':iconData':‰PNG

" 
Error in reset query "disk I/O error" : "INSERT OR REPLACE INTO Resources (id,type,iconData) VALUES (:id,:type,:iconData)" 
"SQL Error:
	disk I/O error
Query executed:
	UPDATE RemoteFolders SET status = :status, remoteId = :remoteId, version = :version WHERE folderId = :id
Bound Values:
	':status':ObjectUnchanged
	':remoteId':2620661
	':version':5
	':id':6
" 
Error in finalize query "disk I/O error" : "UPDATE RemoteFolders SET status = :status, remoteId = :remoteId, version = :version WHERE folderId = :id" 
"SQL Error:
	disk I/O error
Query executed:
	INSERT OR REPLACE INTO Files (hash, localUrl) VALUES (:hash, :localUrl)
Bound Values:
	':hash':9b3396839b2355c6f81fedcc4e611799efbee8ca
	':localUrl':
" 
Error in finalize query "disk I/O error" : "INSERT OR REPLACE INTO Files (hash, localUrl) VALUES (:hash, :localUrl)"

I tried deleting all old files and letting mendeley recreate the database. It seems to be able to create it, and it can be opened with sqlite3. "pragma integrity_check;" tells me there are no errors in the database. Someone in the Arch IRC channel also told me to check my hard drive using SMART, and everything seems to be just fine with it.

The error code from chromium seems to indicate a write error. I found the exact values here: http://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-user … 69875.html

#define SQLITE_IOERR_WRITE             (SQLITE_IOERR | (3<<8)) //778

#7 2012-08-07 21:06:22

dasmaze

I have an idea for the cause of this problem. My root partition was pretty much constantly full, or nearly so. I sometimes had problems installing new software, so when I needed space, deleting the pacman cache usually worked fine. I did this occasionally, and when I did this just now, in addition to deleting some other unused stuff, I tried to open Mendeley and Chrome and got no error.

I believe that SQLite needs some space on the route partition, maybe just some temporary stuff.

Last edited by dasmaze (2012-08-07 21:10:55)

#8 2013-02-10 10:02:37

signor_rossi

dasmaze wrote:

I have an idea for the cause of this problem. My root partition was pretty much constantly full, or nearly so. I sometimes had problems installing new software, so when I needed space, deleting the pacman cache usually worked fine. I did this occasionally, and when I did this just now, in addition to deleting some other unused stuff, I tried to open Mendeley and Chrome and got no error.

Bingo. Had the same problem and you made me realize that my root partition was full, doh.
Thanks!

Board footer