You are not logged in.

#1 2003-10-06 05:19:42

hollywoodb

asking help with numlockx, xfce4, and lmule

ok, 4 of these aren't very hard, the last one I'm not sure.....

A) I'm running XFCE4 as my only window manager, and I've been using "startxfce4" to launch it.  how do I change this so that good old startx does the exact same thing as startxfce4 ??

2) once above questions is taken care of, how do I use numlockx ?  also, is it possible to my system to turn on numlock on login? (i use the bash login, not graphical)

5) and again relating to X... how do I enable xscreensaver on x startup?  I want to do this so that it runs without a splash screen or anything like that. since I usually leave my sys in xfce, i've been manually execing xscreensaver-demo

p) konqueror.  is it possible to use it under xfce4 without installing and loading a bunch of kde files?  I don't need the full functionality of it (like modifiable right-click menu), I just want to use it.  are there any similar alternatives?  I tried endeavor, but I kept running into errors trying to compile it for some reason.

9) I've done 2 clean installs of arch, both times installing lmule from the unofficial group.  anyways, lmule always quits unexpectedly. here's what it prints out when I exec it from xterm and it quits:

Sharing /root/.lmule/Temp/001.part.met
Sharing /root/.lmule/Temp/005.part.met
TODO: MyInfo @ CServerWnd (GUI missing)
Aborted
[root@myhost root]#

#2 2003-10-06 05:56:21

red_over_blue

Re: asking help with numlockx, xfce4, and lmule

I'll answer the first one, and then I have to go to sleep smile

A) I'm running XFCE4 as my only window manager, and I've been using "startxfce4" to launch it. how do I change this so that good old startx does the exact same thing as startxfce4 ??

Just edit .xinitrc in your home directory (note the period in .xinitrc, indicating it is a hidden file).  Just add the following:

exec startxfce4

alternately, if /opt/xfce4/bin is not in your $PATH, you can just type the whole path, but I think it would be best for you to get /opt/xfce4/bin in your path instead.

Don't forget to post your PKGBUILD in your thread when you announce a new package in incoming.
see HERE for details

#3 2003-10-07 15:56:16

hollywoodb

ok, I managed to get konqueror going. still can't figure out what's making lmule (and qtella) quit unexpectedly....

#4 2003-10-07 17:09:53

sarah31
Website

lmule and qtella may need to be rebuilt if they have been rebuilt in the last few months.

post a bug to the bug tracker and make sure you include all error output of both lmule and qtella.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

Board footer