You are not logged in.

#1 2005-08-10 01:10:53

firedance

mystical problems with uhci_hcd.

Okay, I have figured that when my computer crashes (some other mystical reason ) I have to shut it off by the button, then It checks the hd , has to reboot and then starts loading modules, sometimes (usually after checking the hd) startup hangs at loading uhci_hcd.
So I removed uhci_hcd but then other things does not seem to work properly like xmms visulation becomes jumpy (like slow jumping from one pic to another and not the smooth that it's supposed) and warcraft3 becomes the opposit, it becomes jumpy in the sound but the video is perfect.

ok, that seems mystical to mee becouse I thought uhci_hcd had to do with usb things?

and even more mystical is that when i do modprobe parport_pc xmms and warcraft3 runs as they should for a little while and then goes back to normal.

When I manage to load uhci_hcd everything runs as it should (exept the crashes but i'm not sure they are becouse of it)

-Sorry for spelling mistakes I'm tierd and I just wanted this posted before I went to sleep, I'll check the spelling when I wake up.

#2 2005-08-10 01:45:38

shadowhand
Website

Re: mystical problems with uhci_hcd.

Did you try a different kernel? It might be that your uchi_hcd.ko module is corrupted somehow.

You also might want to check and make sure your motherboard (specifically the USB controller) isn't dying. Try booting with Archie or Knoppix or something and seeing if it works.

·¬»· i am shadowhand, powered by webfaction

#3 2005-08-10 02:48:29

T-Dawg
Forum Fellow

yeah....and hopefully your "mystical" issues will turn into magical lucky charms just over yonder the rainbow, and sheeit. smile

#4 2005-08-10 03:12:34

jftaylor21

Have you tried ohci? Maybe that will work instead.

#5 2005-08-10 09:51:12

firedance

shadowhand wrote:

Did you try a different kernel? It might be that your uchi_hcd.ko module is corrupted somehow.

You also might want to check and make sure your motherboard (specifically the USB controller) isn't dying. Try booting with Archie or Knoppix or something and seeing if it works.

No I haven't tried a diffrent kernel I'll do that today then, uchi_hcd works sometimes and wont work sometimes, now that I don't have it at boot it does not seem to work as often as it did before (sometimes I feel lucky and trie a modprobe uchi_hcd and the computer crashes)

My USB controller dying? how do I check that? I am using a usb mouse and keyboard, would they stop working if the USB controller was dying? Keyboard and mouse works fine before I do 'modprobe uchi_hcd'

yeah....and hopefully your "mystical" issues will turn into magical lucky charms just over yonder the rainbow, and sheeit. :Smile:

That was what I was hoping too smile

Have you tried ohci? Maybe that will work instead.

Nope, will try that instantly (I'll just post in case of a computer crash)
- modprobe ohci_hcd gave no errors but It does not fix what uhci did.

#6 2005-08-11 02:42:43

firedance

compled a new kernel didn't help, but i found a very weird thing about the problem, if i constantly move my mouse or hold down a key on my keyboard the lag dissapears, both my keyboard and mouse is usb, il check if it's for normal keyboards once i get a hold of one
--edit--
problem dissapears when holding a key on a normal keyboard or when moving the pointer with a normal mouse (no usb devices inserted)
--edit--
Started knoppix to see if it had the problem and ofcourse it didnt
did a modprobe and saw that it was using usb-uhci

usbcore                57600   1  [hid usb-storage usb-uhci]

I think ill try that.

btw. if a module is marked (unused) then its tottally usless for my computer, right?

Board footer