You are not logged in.

#1 2012-07-26 11:09:07

rvlander

[Solved] Installation, display receives no signal.

Hello,

I want to report a pb I got when trying to install Arch from usb key.

I wanted to install it in 64bits but while loading modules, the screens shuts down.

This problem did not appear when trying to install the 32bit version. But appeared after the installation when booting on the fresh new installation. Installing the nvidia drivers solved the pb.

Is there a way to install these drivers on the installation key so that I can install the 64bit version ?

Thanks in advance,

rvlander

Last edited by rvlander (2012-07-26 15:39:39)

#2 2012-07-26 11:18:08

DSpider

Re: [Solved] Installation, display receives no signal.

Try the Fallback entry.

Also, screens? As in more than one screen?

You said it worked after you installed the video driver. Which one? The nvidia package or xf86-video-nouveau?

"How to Succeed with Linux"

I have made a personal commitment not to reply in topics that start with a lowercase letter. Proper grammar and punctuation is a sign of respect, and if you do not show any, you will NOT receive any help (at least not from me).

#3 2012-07-26 11:22:41

rvlander

Thanks for your answer,

No there is only one screen (sorry about that). My graphic card is a GTX 560 Ti.

I used the nvidia package.

#4 2012-07-26 11:39:28

DSpider

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KM … odesetting

When the bootloader menu shows up, press the Tab key (Syslinux) or "e" (for GRUB) and add nomodeset to the kernel line (GRUB) or at the end of the string (for Syslinux).

It can also be due to a non-standard resolution set in the "/etc/default/grub" file. In which case, you should read:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GR … resolution

"How to Succeed with Linux"

I have made a personal commitment not to reply in topics that start with a lowercase letter. Proper grammar and punctuation is a sign of respect, and if you do not show any, you will NOT receive any help (at least not from me).

#5 2012-07-26 15:39:18

rvlander

Adding nomodeset worked !

Thanks a lot

Board footer