You are not logged in.

#1 2012-07-31 18:08:33

awagner

[SOLVED] haskell - citeproc-hs was not compiled with bibutils support

Hi all,
since I have not yet been able to get help in arch-haskell's IRC channel, I am posting here, maybe someone has an idea:

I am using pandoc which I have retrieved along with all its dependencies from the haskell binary repository. But when I try to process a bibliography, I get an error message from citeproc-hs:

pandoc: citeproc: Bibliography format not supported.
citeproc-hs was not compiled with bibutils support.

Supposing that the error message is not misleading, I wonder how do I recompile with bibutils support then?
Googling gave some results concerned with haskell-hs-bibutils, which seems to have been on the haskell repo earlier but is there no longer, so I installed it from AUR (modifying the PKGBUILD to accept haskell-syb>=0.3 instead of =0.3).
Reinstalling haskell-citeproc-hs did not help.

Next I tried with cloning habs the haskell repo (as is described here). Since I could not find any switch in haskell-citeproc-hs's PKGBUILD that would disable bibutils support I directly issued

./makeahpkg -- haskell-citeproc-hs

but the resulting package gives the same error as the one from the repo.

Should I have taken extra steps to build/install haskell-hs-bibutils also in the habs chroot? Or anything else?

TIA,
Andreas

Last edited by awagner (2012-08-01 08:36:06)

#2 2012-08-01 08:35:24

awagner

Re: [SOLVED] haskell - citeproc-hs was not compiled with bibutils support

awagner wrote:

Should I have taken extra steps to build/install haskell-hs-bibutils also in the habs chroot? Or anything else?

Yes, it seems this was the problem. Besides cloning habs, I now went on to manually copy the necessary files of bibutils-dynamic and haskell-hs-bibutils from AUR into the local HABS tree, modify dependencies in haskell-hs-bibutils, haskell-citeproc-hs and haskell-pandoc (an additional dependency on haskell-hs-bibutils in haskell-citeproc-hs, in the other cases only change of version numbers).

Then

./makeahpkg -c -- bibutils-dynamic haskell-hs-bibutils haskell-citeproc-hs haskell-pandoc

produced four packages which I could install and now the error is gone and I can turn to debugging my document and bibliography files smile

Board footer