You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-09 10:47:55

javex

Wiki: Using multiple hard drives, LVM & encryption

I have lately found myself with the issue of having multiple hard drives and wanting to do LVM stuff & encryption with while retaining maximum flexibility. After scanning through wikis, manpages and forum entries I came up with a solution for myself. The only thing I don't cover with it is mounting while booting as I don't need and can't test it.

I want to share the knowledge I gained and help other people find a solution faster and so I wrote a Wiki entry (first on my user page). I would now like to hear the opinion of the community regarding the following questions:

• Do you see any security risks with my solution (especially the part on storing the unencrypted keyfile on a ramdisk)?

• Do you think this text is worthy for a wiki entry or should I keep it in the forums?

• Do you spot any errors (typing or else)?

• Would you improve this article anywhere?

Of course, if you have further comments, I would like to here them as well. And now without further ado: Using multiple hard drives, LVM & encryption.

Regards,
javex

P.S.: As a small side question: Is my user page a good playground for article creation or would you recommend some other area where to do this (since here noone else could improve the article while in this early stage)?

Board footer