You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-13 16:13:20

adr3nal1n

Stop systemd from auto mounting my additional drives to /media ?

Hi,

Am trying to convert my long-standing arch system to use systemd, I've almost got everything working but am stuck on this point;

I have 4 HDDs installed and I use labels in /etc/fstab to mount the 3 non-system HDDs to specific folders in my home folder.

This works fine except that systemd also mounts the 3 non-system HDDs to folders under /media as well.

How do I stop systemd from auto mounting my additional drives to folders under /media ?

Is there an additional fstab option I need to set to prevent this behaviour?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

#2 2012-08-13 17:02:43

tomegun
Developer

Re: Stop systemd from auto mounting my additional drives to /media ?

This is very odd. Systemd should not be donig this by default. Are you sure that it is not some other daemon (e.g., udisks1) doing it?

#3 2012-08-13 17:08:12

WonderWoofy

Yeah, I just checked my system and I definitely do not have that going on.  This is not something that systemd takes care of unless you install/create a unit to handle that and then of course enable it.

#4 2012-08-13 19:58:29

adr3nal1n

Hi Guys,

I hadn't created any units, and the units I had used were part of the systemd distribution (vsftpd and rsync) and shouldn't have affected this.

I have had to roll my system back to using the standard arch initscripts etc due to other problems I have had with systemd.

I am clearly not ready to make the change yet as I haven't learn't enough about systemd and how to properly configure it.

I think I'll play with systemd config inside a virtualbox vm first before I then go trashing the host system. :-)

Thanks again for your help.

#5 2012-08-13 20:44:37

fvsc

I had the same problem and the solution was to remove /etc/udev/rules.d/11-media-by-label-auto-mount.rules.
After doing so no mounting to /media anymore.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Board footer