You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-15 13:14:22

ClearSkies

Laptop dies after resuming from suspension

I hate to start a new thread about this, but nobody else had quite the same problem as me. I believe this started as of kernel 3.4.x. Whenever I try to resume from suspend, my laptop just dies. I say die because it doesn't simply power off. I need to unplug it and remove the battery (and then replace it) before I'm able to turn the laptop back on. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? (and a solution wink)

Last edited by ClearSkies (2012-08-16 03:24:32)

#2 2012-08-15 17:50:15

joseperezc

Re: Laptop dies after resuming from suspension

I had that problem too before the 3.2 kernel.
In my case was a driver for the wireless card that doesn't reload the firmware, causing a hang. In my case the temporal work - arround was blacklisting the bad driver and using another in staging.

Please see what hardware you have and see the current state of it's drivers.
Don't do suspend until you know what is happening.

Hope to be helpfull

#3 2012-09-04 08:59:09

simgunz

ClearSkies wrote:

I hate to start a new thread about this, but nobody else had quite the same problem as me. I believe this started as of kernel 3.4.x. Whenever I try to resume from suspend, my laptop just dies. I say die because it doesn't simply power off. I need to unplug it and remove the battery (and then replace it) before I'm able to turn the laptop back on. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? (and a solution wink)

I had the exactly same problem and I've solved just removing xf86-input-synaptics (downgrading is sufficient).

Here the solution:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=144381&p=6

#4 2012-09-04 12:44:56

simgunz

simgunz wrote:
ClearSkies wrote:

I had the exactly same problem and I've solved just removing xf86-input-synaptics (downgrading is sufficient).

Here the solution:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=144381&p=6

I've spoken too early. The problem persist.

Board footer