You are not logged in.

#1 2005-08-22 18:40:15

yak8998

another printing problem

search keywords: hp, cups, foomatic, hpijs

Alright, this is extremely agonizing. I had this printer working with an earlier version of (cups, hpijs?), I switched to another model for a while, now I switched back and it doesn't work. HP2210 all-in-one.

The behavior is extremely strange. _without_ foomatic installed, I run thru the standard cups installation, it shows up, etc. But it won't print anything. It just queues forever and says idle, accepting jobs. If i install foomatic, the printer disappears (on the part where it asks me to pick the port/location). This is driving me to my wits end, what do I need to do?

"Ignorance is bliss, for stupid people."
"open-source is [...] programming Darwinism."
Vaughan-Nichols

#2 2005-08-22 19:05:00

iBertus

Re: another printing problem

Do you have ghostscript and gimp-print installed? Also, my printer 1210 all-in-one doesn't show up in the list of ports but works once configured for the first USB port in cups.

#3 2005-08-22 19:14:29

yak8998

Re: another printing problem

iBertus wrote:

Do you have ghostscript and gimp-print installed? Also, my printer 1210 all-in-one doesn't show up in the list of ports but works once configured for the first USB port in cups.

ghostscript and gimp-print are both up to date.
now I got foomatic installed, the printer still shows up, but it won't print  :?:

"Ignorance is bliss, for stupid people."
"open-source is [...] programming Darwinism."
Vaughan-Nichols

Board footer