You are not logged in.

#1 2005-08-23 21:59:25

peabrain

Small yet functional calendar and todo applications

I've tried KCalendar and Evolution, even gDeskCal, but none of them has the features I need. The primary problem with Evolution-like applications is I need some schedule information be ever-visible on the desktop, or at least on the background image, without taking all the space on the desktop.gDeskCal would be superb otherwise, but it lacks functionality.

I think the best option would be to swallow a simple calendar application and a simple todo application inside FvwmButtons panel with which applications do not overlap, but I haven't come across any that'd fit my needs. GTodo is just too darn big (the buttons take too much space, so I can't make it small enough). Or I could probably just make Evolution stay on the background... but that's not the ideal solution.

I am probably asking too much. If so, would anyone have any suggestions on how to do this (except programming proper applications...)?

#2 2005-08-24 07:04:45

Cam
Website

Re: Small yet functional calendar and todo applications

The calander adesklet might have something. I've never used it and I could be way off but it requires Tcl/Tk which is a) used for UI and b) no other desklet requires. That's all I'm going on but it might be worth a look smile

http://www.darkliquid.co.uk/wiki/doku.p … s:calendar

#3 2005-08-24 18:32:33

iBertus

What do you need this calendar to do?

#4 2005-08-25 14:04:27

peabrain

Thanks for the replies. For some reason, aDesklet calendar can't import calendar functionality, so I can't get it going , though Python, aDesklets and Tcl/Tk are installed.

The ideal calendar would be something like this:
http://www.globalshareware.com/Home-Edu … lendar.gif
But I guess there is nothing similar available for Linux. Basically it shows scheduled events on desktop above the background.The events can also be edited and accessed by clicking items and events on the desktop, but that's not as essential as is the way the events are being displayed.

I guess I'll have to do with Evolution. I've set it up so that it fills one page on one desktop, is always on the background, can not be iconified/mimized... so that the whole window sits there as a background image.

Board footer