You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-24 19:17:23

OakRaider4Life

Calligra Words Spellchecking

I'm having an issue in Calligra words with my spellchecking. I have hunspell installed with the english dictionaries, and words is not having any trouble identifying misspelled words, but other than highlighting a misspelled word, it doesn't perform any other spellchecking functions whatsoever. This problem is pissing me off to no end (pardon the fast-and-loose language) because it is an incredibly miniscule problem, but totally explodes the possibility of me doing any serious word processing in Words. If anyone has any insight on this problem, you would be the savior of my day. Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: Just to head off any questions of the sort, I have tried posting in the Calligra forums. Nobody even attempted to bite on the question.

Last edited by OakRaider4Life (2012-08-24 19:19:19)

#2 2012-08-24 19:38:32

OakRaider4Life

Re: Calligra Words Spellchecking

I love resolving my own issues.

Although I had hunspell installed with the english dictionaries, I also had aspell installed with no dictionaries. Installing english dictionaries for aspell resolved the problem.

This is a strange issue indeed though, as other KDE apps had no problm spell checking using hunspell with the english dictionaries. I'm not sure whether words on my system is incapable of using hunspell or whether having aspell installed just meant that it defaulted to aspell over hunspell, but I suppose I can only hope no conflicts come from having the two installed side by side.

Board footer