You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-27 14:19:25

strummer

No network, usb or sound after boot [solved]

So I installed some upgrades, and because I'm so stupid I did pacman -Suf. So I had the /lib & /usr/lib problem, but I fixed it by copying /lib to /usr/lib (and making symlink). Now at least the machine boots.

But there's no /dev/eth0, or any usb devices. I just want to connect to internet. Even "lspci" doesn't show any real info anymore, just numbers (device xxxx:xxxx). There's no sound either, and I can't start X ("no screens found").

How can I install a working system without losing everything, I have an Arch CD (from 2011), but when I couldn't install old packages over the new ones. Is this a systemd problem? BTW, when I used the Arch CD I tried pacman -S systemd -r /mnt to install that, but it didn't find anything. Weird.

Yes I know I should explain more, but now I'm just too angry because I have tried everything. I'm so stupid. Gonna update this post soon If I know something new..

edit: Yes! I managed to install packages from CD, no everything seems to work. I'm afraid to do any updates though wink

Last edited by strummer (2012-08-27 14:35:30)

P4 530J, Arch Linux

#2 2012-09-01 19:39:06

Xräzik

Re: No network, usb or sound after boot [solved]

Just don't use -f unless for some reason a news report on the arch homepage says to, or you know exactly why you need to force pacman to install something and are prepared for any consequences tongue

As I general rule, one should always check the homepage for any news before any variant of

sudo pacman -Su 

it's the best 3 minutes investment of your time that day.

OR

Something like pacmatic may help calm your mind.
http://kmkeen.com/pacmatic/

Att vara på Linux är att vara lycklig.

Board footer