You are not logged in.

#1 2005-08-27 21:51:35

FJ
Website

gurlchecker and libcroco problem.

I'm trying to make a package for gurlchecker.  When ./configure runs, it cuts out at the following stage:

checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
checking for GTK_DOC... checking whether to use CROCO library (CSS2 w3c validation)... yes
checking for cr_doc_handler_new in -lcroco-0.6... no
Error! You need to have libcroco around.

The "cr" files are in /usr/include/libcroco-0.6/libcroco/"
I've tried playing around with --with-croco, but I guess I'm not doing it right because nothing works (it returns "wrong path").

How can I resolve this?

# Contributor: FJ <joostef@gmail.com>
pkgname=gurlchecker
pkgver=0.9.1
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="A graphical web link checker."
url="http://$pkgname.labs.libre-entreprise.org/"
depends=('gnet' 'libglade' 'libgnomeui' 'libxml2>=2.6' 'gnutls')
makedepends=('libcroco')
source="http://labs.libre-entreprise.org/download/$pkgname/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz"
md5sums=('cfca09259bea217fed1368cc92a133ba')
build() {
  cd $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver
  ./configure --prefix=/usr
  make || return 1
  make DESTDIR=$startdir/pkg install
}

Thanks!

#2 2005-08-27 21:55:01

FJ
Website

Re: gurlchecker and libcroco problem.

By the way, here is some info from config.log:

configure:22789: checking whether to use CROCO library (CSS2 w3c validation)
configure:22796: result: yes
configure:22829: checking for cr_doc_handler_new in -lcroco-0.6
configure:22859: gcc -o conftest -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -Wl,-O1   conftest.c -lcroco-0.6   >&5
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.3/../../../libcroco-0.6.so: undefined reference to `g_strdup_printf'
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.3/../../../libcroco-0.6.so: undefined reference to `g_string_free'
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.3/../../../libcroco-0.6.so: undefined reference to `g_try_realloc'
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.3/../../../libcroco-0.6.so: undefined reference to `g_strstr_len'

It goes on like that for a bit.

#3 2005-08-29 00:07:39

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Maybe you need to use a switch to tell the configure script where the croco headers are installed. Check the configure file (to get the switch name).

#4 2005-08-29 02:34:31

FJ
Website

Well, I assume I do that with '--with-croco', but I'm afraid I couldn't get to work.  I'm way over my head.  Anyway, now I use

build() {
  cd $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver
  ./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-croco --disable-clamav PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/gnome/lib/pkgconfig
  make || return 1
  make DESTDIR=$startdir/pkg install
}

which finally gets me through the configure script.  I had to add the gnome pkgconfig directory because, I assume, I don't use gnome.  Anyway, it can't hurt, right?

But now I have a problem with make I can't solve.  Well, a couple.

./make-doc gurlchecker.sgml gurlchecker.1
which: no docbook-to-man in (/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/opt/bin:/opt/java/jre/bin:/opt/kde/bin:/opt/mozilla/bin:/opt/qt/bin:/usr/lib/oss/bin:/usr/lib/oss/bin)
which: no db2man in (/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/opt/bin:/opt/java/jre/bin:/opt/kde/bin:/opt/mozilla/bin:/opt/qt/bin:/usr/lib/oss/bin:/usr/lib/oss/bin)
which: no docbook2man in (/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/opt/bin:/opt/java/jre/bin:/opt/kde/bin:/opt/mozilla/bin:/opt/qt/bin:/usr/lib/oss/bin:/usr/lib/oss/bin)
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/abs/fj/gurlchecker/src/gurlchecker-0.9.1/man'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
cd . && 
chmod u+w . && 
./make-doc gurlchecker.sgml gurlchecker.1
which: no docbook-to-man in (/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/opt/bin:/opt/java/jre/bin:/opt/kde/bin:/opt/mozilla/bin:/opt/qt/bin:/usr/lib/oss/bin:/usr/lib/oss/bin)
which: no db2man in (/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/opt/bin:/opt/java/jre/bin:/opt/kde/bin:/opt/mozilla/bin:/opt/qt/bin:/usr/lib/oss/bin:/usr/lib/oss/bin)
which: no docbook2man in (/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/opt/bin:/opt/java/jre/bin:/opt/kde/bin:/opt/mozilla/bin:/opt/qt/bin:/usr/lib/oss/bin:/usr/lib/oss/bin)
test -z "/usr/man/man1" || mkdir -p -- "/var/abs/fj/gurlchecker/pkg/usr/man/man1"
 /bin/install -c -m 644 'gurlchecker.1' '/var/abs/fj/gurlchecker/pkg/usr/man/man1/gurlchecker.1'
/bin/install: cannot stat `gurlchecker.1': No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [install-man1] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/abs/fj/gurlchecker/src/gurlchecker-0.9.1/man'
make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/abs/fj/gurlchecker/src/gurlchecker-0.9.1/man'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...

I'm not sure what package owns docbook2man, I just know I don't have it.  And I'm not sure what's going on there at the end either.

#5 2005-08-29 02:49:06

FJ
Website

I found the docbook-to-man sources in a debian repo.  I'm not really sure if I should try and build an Arch package for it though.  I can now see the life of a package maintainer must be hard.

#6 2005-08-29 11:34:13

neri
Forum Fellow

FJ wrote:

I found the docbook-to-man sources in a debian repo.  I'm not really sure if I should try and build an Arch package for it though.  I can now see the life of a package maintainer must be hard.

have alook at the official PKGBUILD, I ripped out the manpage since the docbook-to-man converter is simply ages old.

-neri

#7 2005-08-29 15:40:18

FJ
Website

I guess I should have done that first, eh?  My original searches didn't turn up the package, and I think it must have been a typo on my part.  Thanks for pointing me to it.

Board footer