You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-09 12:24:37

PhotonX

[Solved] Systemd and Cpufreq: How to enable powersafe governer?

Hello community,

I have following little problem still not fully solved after the switch to systemd: My laptop's cooling is quite bad so I need to use Cpufreq's powersave governor to make it stay cool. The Cpufreq service itself works fine with systemd, but the default ondemand governor is used. I created a file containing "cpufreq_powersave" in /etc/modules-load.d/ but still the ondemand governor is being used. Is there anything systemd specific to be done to use the right governor?

Thanks,
PhotonX

Last edited by PhotonX (2012-09-16 11:21:45)

Desktop: http://www.sysprofile.de/id15562, Arch Linux    |    Notebook: Thinkpad L13 Yoga Gen2, Manjaro

The very worst thing you can do with free software is to download it, see that it doesn't work for some reason, leave it, and tell your friends that it doesn't work.  -  Tuomas Lukka

#2 2012-09-09 13:00:08

Šaran

Re: [Solved] Systemd and Cpufreq: How to enable powersafe governer?

Cpufreq is deprecated. Instead, use cpupower.
Enable cpupower.service and uncomment governor line in /etc/conf.d/cpupower and change it to powersave.

##/etc/conf.d/cpupower
# Define CPUs governor
# valid governors: ondemand, performance, powersave, conservative, userspace.
governor='powersave'

#3 2012-09-16 11:21:29

PhotonX

Re: [Solved] Systemd and Cpufreq: How to enable powersafe governer?

Thanks and sorry for the late reply! I'm rebooting my notebook very rarely so I still haven't tested whether the autostart of cpupower works well, but at least in the current session it works perfectly. smile

Desktop: http://www.sysprofile.de/id15562, Arch Linux    |    Notebook: Thinkpad L13 Yoga Gen2, Manjaro

The very worst thing you can do with free software is to download it, see that it doesn't work for some reason, leave it, and tell your friends that it doesn't work.  -  Tuomas Lukka

Board footer