You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-10 18:30:28

capthilts

libreoffice right-click context menu going beyond the end of the page

having a rather annoying issue with libreoffice 3.x (started with 3.5.x and still in 3.6.1): The right-click context menu goes over the screen borders when I am at the end of the page (instead of opening in the other direction so that all options are visible). I am running arch 64bit KDE 4.9.1. But I think in this case that's not relevant because we have a second computer, the same one basically with an extremely similar setup and there it works just fine. I did uninstall libreoffice, got rid of the .cache in the home folder, then reinstalled but the problem persists.

Anyone know how to fix this or hints on how to approach the problem?

Thx!

Captn

#2 2012-10-04 13:37:11

capthilts

Re: libreoffice right-click context menu going beyond the end of the page

Update:

the problem was fixed with an update to KDE 4.9.2 but shortly after for some reason, it reappeared. As previously mentioned, I tried uninstalling libreoffice entirely, including the libreoffice .config folder. Here is what it looks like (second screen shot):

snapshot2lz.jpg

snapshot3m.jpg

I noticed that this also happens with dolphin when I open it as root. Someone came across the same issue and fixed it?

Help's greatly appreciated

Captn

Edit: libreoffice version 3.6.1

Edit 2: Real Problem identified:

I just wanted to update this thread should there be others that, at one point or another, run into a similar problem. I won't be marking the thread as solved since I did not actually solve the problem (yet). However, I did identify the cause and therefore know how to circumvent it.

Since I didn't elaborate much on the specs / technical side, I have an HP pavilion with an Nvidia card and I am using the propretiary drivers. I set up a separate X screen for my TV and there is where the problem lies. It has worked for months but since recently this setup causes some weird graphical behavior (as in the above pictures) which can be annoying. If using the twinview setup or no external monitor, everything works normal. My guess is that plasma-desktop and the separate x screen don't work very well together for a reason unknown to me for the time being.
The problem itself can be annoying if you rely on libreoffice to work so I hope this might help somebody should there be annyone running into a similar issue.

Last edited by capthilts (2012-10-13 06:02:32)

Board footer