You are not logged in.

#1 2005-09-03 06:54:45

Cam
Website

glibc error, i'm lost

Hi,

This has confused the crap out of me. I'm pretty sure this was working fine yesterday, if not, something very similar was working without a hassle. According to /var/log/pacman.log, the only thing I've installed/changed since then is adesklets 0.4.9 > 0.4.11, uninstalled mpd-svn in favour of the stock Arch mpd package and upgraded a realy old version of libpypac to the current libpypac-devel.

I'm using pystatgrab and I'm trying to get the combined CPU usage of a couple of processes. It prints the number once and then poops itself with this error:

*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (out): 0xb79a40f8 ***
Aborted

Here is the python code which will create the error:

#!/usr/bin/env python

import statgrab as sg

def _getCpu():
    processes = sg.sg_get_process_stats()

cpu = 0.0
    for proc in processes:
        if 'Fah' in proc['proctitle']:
            cpu += proc['cpu_percent']

return cpu

while 1:
    print _getCpu()

But if I just run python from urxvt and import statgrab and call sg_get_process_stats() twice it does the same thing. Would my system be causing this or should I file a bug with the i-scream guys? The only thing that I've installed that I can think could possibly have had an effect is libpypac but only cause it's a python package...

Suggestions appreciated smile

#2 2005-09-03 10:47:28

Cam
Website

Re: glibc error, i'm lost

Based on a link Mr Green sent me (thanks!) I've managed to "hide" the problem. In my understanding, it means the problem itself isn't fixed, just the warning has gone away, but I'll submit a bug to the libstatgrab devs and see what they think about it. Seems like its not an issue with my setup because others have replicated it on Arch. Would it be because our glibc package has too tight restrictions or is that a normal level and there is a bug somewhere?

At any rate, if the libstatgrab devs get back to me and say it's a problem with my glibc I'll report a bug on Flyspray relating to the glibc package...

Board footer