You are not logged in.

#1 2005-09-03 18:37:30

max_sipos
Website

Big gaim problem

Hello,

recently gaim has started behaving really odd. As soon as I log in (MSN and ICQ both exhibit these problems), the GTK interface becomes dead (minimizing the window and restoring it brings back an empty window). Only solution is to "killall gaim". There is no problems with any other GTK applications. I am running XFCE.

Running "gaim --debug" from the console shows no weird output when the bug occurs, pressing CTRL-C in the console seems to bring down gaim properly (it signs off the accounts properly, etc.)

I am hoping someone will help me... at the moment I am using licq and amsn but I don't like them smile

Best regards,
Max

#2 2005-09-03 22:25:01

Kern

Re: Big gaim problem

Maybe try logging in as a different user on your system and trying Gaim again. should separate if its a system fault or a user configs one.

if problem still occurs you could  try a complete Gaim removal including the users .gaim directory, and re-install / update from pacman.

wont do any harm to check/update  gtk and gtk2 packages as these have been know to have had exploits before now, causing crashes.

#3 2005-09-04 00:55:32

max_sipos
Website

Hello,

I tried logging in as another user and it crashed also. I reinstalled gaim and all of its immediate dependancies, to no avail. I will try reinstalling GTK also. Of course, I am running a pacman -Syu-ed system. I built gaim-cvs and installed it successfully, however it also does the same thing.

Best regards,
Max

#4 2005-09-04 03:42:32

makz

I'm having troubles with the gaim arch package too, i downloaded the gaim source, compiled it and the problems disappeared.

#5 2005-09-04 14:17:00

max_sipos
Website

Cool, recompiling the gaim package worked for me to.. however I removed the enable-gtkspell and gnutls options. That's where the problem is it seems. Anybody knows what gnutls do for gaim?

#6 2005-09-05 04:43:28

makz

I think gnutls is used for encrypting communication, i compiled my gaim with gnutls enabled and it works too, so maybe the problem isn't in gnutls.

Board footer