You are not logged in.

#1 2012-09-28 17:03:17

alphaniner

Any experiences with KVM/Xen PCI passthrough?

A few years ago, I tried using PCI passthru with KVM in Arch.  The results were not encouraging.  I'd like to hear if anyone has had any recent experience with the subject.  Thanks.

But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist.
-Lysander Spooner

#2 2012-09-28 17:10:58

karol
Archivist

Re: Any experiences with KVM/Xen PCI passthrough?

#3 2012-09-28 18:18:17

alphaniner

Re: Any experiences with KVM/Xen PCI passthrough?

It was actually another post by Isola that prompted me to start this thread.  {Sh,H}e is primarily interested in GPU passthru though.  While GPU passthru is a special case of PCI passthru, I expect it introduces issues that aren't relevant to passing through other PCI devices.  I'm particularly interested in passing through HBAs (SCSI, SAS).  I do this now with VMware ESXi, but the latest update broke passthru of the SCSI HBA.  Not to mention I need to have a Windows machine (which itself is a VBox VM, LOL) for the client.

Last edited by alphaniner (2012-09-28 18:20:06)

But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist.
-Lysander Spooner

Board footer