What I've done so far:
* I have two graphics cards in my computer, one is connected to two monitors, the other to the television.
* I have setup layouts in xorg configuration for both these cards following: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg_multiseat
* Both setups work fine individually and when started by gdm (old gdm, autologin for user 'media' on television, login screen on monitors)
* I can then use x2x to share mouse from the montior side with the television.
What I would like to have:
* On startup, I want to start a single xserver (the monitor setup) only.
* Then, I would like to issue a command that starts the second xserver only when I need it (with the possibility of different layouts/resolutions)
* Once one xserver is running, I can start a second one only on another virtual console. While the primary xserver is running on vc7 (Strg+Alt+F7) I can start a new one on the second graphics card on vc8 but I would like to be able to view both on them simultaneously like it works with gdm (or other login managers)
Since it works fine with gdm I assume there is a way to achive this but I ran out ouf ideas. Any help is appreciated.
They say if you reverse play a Windows CD you can hear satanic verses... But wanna know what's even worse? If you forward play it, it's gonna install Windows on your system!