You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-10 10:47:14

COLDFUSION

[Solved] Newly installed Arch Linux failed to start

Hey there.

I'm in right forum, yea?! I'm not kind of "newbie" user however; 3 years of experiences with arch linux! OK.
Last night I did a fresh arch installation from bootable media on my desktop. I triple booted it alongside Windows and Ubuntu. The problem is that when I hit enter on Arch's boot entry in the list, the monitor goes black for almost 30 secs and it returns to the list, again. I checked it up in the wiki to make sure I've done all the necessary things for the installation. Even I tried a reinstallation, but that didn't help sad Any suggestion? smile

I've two sata hdds on my system. The root and swap is on the 1st one and the home is on the 2nd. Does it have anything to do we this issue?

Last edited by COLDFUSION (2012-10-10 21:10:46)

So close no matter how far

#2 2012-10-10 11:09:23

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: [Solved] Newly installed Arch Linux failed to start

It sounds like your boot loader configuration is off and does not have the correct kernel name or path to the kernel.

Can you post your partitioning scheme and bootloader config?

The home parition being on another disk should not be relevant, as your problem occurs long before any other partitions are mounted - it is before the kernel is even loaded.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2012-10-10 21:08:40

COLDFUSION

Re: [Solved] Newly installed Arch Linux failed to start

Your point helped dear! Acctually the problem was wrong UUID for Arch's root partition; grub-mkconfig bug 012.gif Switched to ubuntu's grub installation and updated grub.config with auto script, and tadaaa! Thing gone right! :=)) Thanks in advance smile

Last edited by COLDFUSION (2012-10-10 21:10:07)

So close no matter how far

Board footer