You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-11 12:06:38

Pranavg1890

[SOLVED]compile error w3m 0.5.3 with mouse support

Hi Friends. i'm Trying to compile w3m test based browser with mouse support. I donwloaded the latest source available from sourceforge website.The ./configure runs correctly and produces no errors. but when I run make, it gives me the following error. (other users on internet say that they have compiled it flawlessly).The error message is:

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************
gcc  -I. -I. -g -O2 -I./libwc    -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DAUXBIN_DIR=\"/usr/local/libexec/w3m\" -DCGIBIN_DIR=\"/usr/local/libexec/w3m/cgi-bin\" -DHELP_DIR=\"/usr/local/share/w3m\" -DETC_DIR=\"/usr/local/etc\" -DCONF_DIR=\"/usr/local/etc/w3m\" -DRC_DIR=\"~/.w3m\" -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\"   -c -o main.o main.c
In file included from html.h:10:0,
                 from fm.h:39,
                 from main.c:3:
istream.h:23:8: error: redefinition of ‘struct file_handle’
In file included from /usr/include/fcntl.h:32:0,
                 from istream.h:14,
                 from html.h:10,
                 from fm.h:39,
/usr/include/bits/fcntl.h:251:8: note: originally defined here
main.c: In function ‘main’:
main.c:836:23: error: void value not ignored as it ought to be
main.c: In function ‘getChar’:
main.c:2264:5: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘wtf_parse1’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
In file included from fm.h:44:0,
./libwc/wtf.h:71:19: note: expected ‘wc_uchar **’ but argument is of type ‘char **’
make: *** [main.o] Error 1
************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Also, can you tell me which option to use to compile with mouse support? Thanks.

Last edited by Pranavg1890 (2012-10-11 18:12:35)

Using Openbox + Tint2 + Idesk

#2 2012-10-11 12:11:51

jakobcreutzfeldt

Re: [SOLVED]compile error w3m 0.5.3 with mouse support

You should do the build using ABS and makepkg, rather than trying to do it manually. The PKGBUILD that Arch uses for the version in the repos has the "--disable-mouse" flag set. You should be able to just change that to "--enable-mouse" and then rebuild it.

Edit: at the very least, it looks like that error in istream.c is fixed by one of the patches applied in the Arch PKGBUILD.

Last edited by jakobcreutzfeldt (2012-10-11 12:15:37)

#3 2012-10-11 15:37:03

Pranavg1890

i tried enabling and disabling the mouse support. but makepkg give me this error:

*******************************************************************************************
config.status: creating po/Makefile
gcc -I. -I. -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -I./libwc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DAUXBIN_DIR=\"/usr/lib/w3m\" -DCGIBIN_DIR=\"/usr/lib/w3m/cgi-bin\" -DHELP_DIR=\"/usr/share/w3m\" -DETC_DIR=\"/usr/etc\" -DCONF_DIR=\"/usr/etc/w3m\" -DRC_DIR=\"~/.w3m\" -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -c -o main.o main.c
main.c: In function ‘main’:
main.c:836:23: error: void value not ignored as it ought to be
main.c: In function ‘getChar’:
main.c:2264:5: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘wtf_parse1’ from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
In file included from fm.h:44:0,
./libwc/wtf.h:71:19: note: expected ‘wc_uchar **’ but argument is of type ‘char **’
main.c: In function ‘handleMailto’:
main.c:2953:11: warning: ignoring return value of ‘system’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
main.c: In function ‘editScr’:
main.c:2661:11: warning: ignoring return value of ‘system’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
main.c: In function ‘editBf’:
main.c:2638:11: warning: ignoring return value of ‘system’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
main.c: In function ‘execsh’:
main.c:2091:8: warning: ignoring return value of ‘system’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]
make: *** [main.o] Error 1
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
Aborting...

****************************************************************************************************************************

Someone please help me. I need mouse support for this browser very badly. Maybe a programming expert can tell me what changes should i do to source code or what is wrong?

#4 2012-10-11 16:26:16

jakobcreutzfeldt

Ah it looks like there's a discrepancy between the PKGBUILD and patches downloaded by ABS and what is available in the trunk. It looks like the patches in the trunk will fix these errors:
https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit … /w3m/trunk

Grab the PKGBUILD and all the patches from there and give that a try.

#5 2012-10-11 18:11:38

Pranavg1890

Thanks. It worked. The mouse support is now enabled in w3m. I wish it would have been by default in the package in the official repos.
Thanks @jakobcreutzfeldt for helping me. Many Thanks. I now mark this thread as solved.

Last edited by Pranavg1890 (2012-10-11 18:13:36)

Board footer