You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-31 23:05:24

nobody44

Android x86 Emulator does not work

Hi,
I am trying to get the Android x86 emulator running, but the emulator does not start properly.

I have installed:
- libvirt (is this necessary?)
- qemu-kvm
- newest Eclipse and ADT plugin
- the Android 4.1 Atom x86 image from Intel

I have loaded the kvm_amd and the kvm module, the Virtualbox modules are not loaded.
When I start the emulator from eclipse, the emulator window opens but it remains black. There is a emulator-x86 process that runs with 100% CPU time.
The same happens, when I run "emulator-x86 -avd KVM -qemu -m 512 -enable-kvm".

I am in the kvm and libvirt group.

Any ideas? And help is appreciated.

nobody44

#2 2012-11-07 12:16:41

mikan

Re: Android x86 Emulator does not work

I'm having the same problem. However, I can make it run when I start the emulator with kvm disabled.

So far I've no idea why running the emulator with kvm won't work. Could it be that the Atom image uses Intel-specific opcodes that won't run on an AMD cpu through kvm? Just a guess.

#3 2012-11-17 15:42:49

nobody44

Re: Android x86 Emulator does not work

I did not solve the problem, I took another way:

Use the Android-x86 EEEPC image from here and use it in VirtualBox (or qemu-kvm). You can even rotate the screen with double press F9-F12, so that you can optimize your app for tablets in both modes: landscape and portrait. You should rotate your monitor either physically or through xrandr, otherwise your mouse will not move as you think it should... just try it out and you will see what  I mean.

Board footer