You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-08 19:35:20

alphaniner

TotalDownload

I'm curious if anyone can suggest why the behaviour with TotalDownload enabled isn't the default.  It just seems strange that by default, we have the progress bar and % complete essentially providing the same information.

Is TotalDownload very new, or buggy, or resource intensive, etc, or is it just a matter of 'historical inertia'?

But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist.
-Lysander Spooner

#2 2012-11-08 19:41:54

WonderWoofy

Re: TotalDownload

Wow, I really like this TotalDownload feature.  I had seen it in the config countless times, and never thought to uncomment it.  It is pretty neat!  Thanks alphaniner.  No idea why it isn't the default though.

#3 2012-11-08 23:36:26

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: TotalDownload

Post feature request on the bug tracker?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer