You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-10 21:29:22

awesomenickname

Nepomuk doesn't saves tags

Hello All!

I use KDE 4.9.3 , and Nepomuk doesn't saves tags in files that has not latin characters of files path.

also, I have UTF-8 encoding.

What can be wrong?

#2 2012-11-11 10:35:59

atlantis

Re: Nepomuk doesn't saves tags

Hi!

Sorry for a possibly useless post.

I've been using KDE ever since and have gone through all releases. Reality is, the suite indexing/strigi/nepomuk/soprano/virtuoso <-> akonadi <-> Kontact never worked properly. Always seriously buggy. For instance currently in 4.9.2:

(1) After several suspends to ram and resumes, KMail does not show mails any more, only "Retrieving folder contents" forever.
(2) The list of upcoming birthdays in incomplete, some shown, some not.
(3) Some files are indexed, some not. Very long tome until new files get indexed, if at all.
(4) A mv outside of dolphin eliminates tags.

etc. etc. etc.

Nepomuk doesn't save tags? No surprise. If you want this stuff working, evaluate os x, that's what I'm doing now. I need a working mail and indexing. If you have a better idea, please let me know.

Best wishes,

atlantis

#3 2012-12-24 01:24:22

unikum
Website

Confirm this. Some user note that in Kubuntu all works fine with same versoins of packages.

#4 2012-12-25 14:40:05

grindcore

atlantis wrote:

I've been using KDE ever since and have gone through all releases. Reality is, the suite indexing/strigi/nepomuk/soprano/virtuoso <-> akonadi <-> Kontact never worked properly. Always seriously buggy. For instance currently in 4.9.2:
atlantis

I've been using KDE 4 since the 4.1 releases too and this is also my impression. This hole semantic desktop simply does not work...

Sorry, to be unable to help you.

Board footer