today i set up a new arch system with a radeon 6870 gpu.
i installed the proprietary catalyst driver with
pacman -S catalyst-dkms catalyst-utils
then i disabled kms ( "nomodeset" kernel option )
after that i created a xorg.conf with
now the xorg server starts and the performance in flashplayer or mplayer is allright but the movement or resize of a window is insanely slow and takes 100% of the cpu (running an overclocked Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3,6 Ghz).
the last hours i tried to fix that problem, but i couldnt solve it yet.
i have no idea what may cause the problem, so iam posting it here in hope that someone can help my figuring this out.
unfortunately i dont know which output could be relevant, so please tell me what to post.
btw iam using the latest packages:
thank you in advance.
Last edited by ineb (2012-11-11 23:46:40)