You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-12 13:40:48

rnarch

Nautilus find/search files function- not searching subfolders

I have Arch installed with LXDE which I am updating regularly and which is working well. I have Nautilus file manager installed which works but on searching for files (through control-F command) it finds files only from the current folder and does not search in subfolders. All the packages are up-to-date. I could not find any option in preferences where this could be changed. How can I correct this problem? Please help.

#2 2012-12-20 18:55:01

ssgross

Re: Nautilus find/search files function- not searching subfolders

I just noticed this today as well. Also, I was playing around with the newest archbang live from a usb stick, and noticed that a fresh install of nautilus has the same issue.
I remember being able to search subfolders not that long ago. Also, I just tried ubuntu from a usb stick, and the nautilus search feature works as expected there. WTF?

#3 2012-12-20 20:30:44

fantab

Re: Nautilus find/search files function- not searching subfolders

I have the same issue and I have learnt that 'recursive' search is missing from Nautilus 3.6, however, this function is back in version 3.7 which happens to be an unstable test version. So, hopefully, version 3.8 will have this function back.. 

For now I have installed 'gnome-search-tool' to compensate for this missing function.

I know this s**ks and I guess this is one of the reasons why some Distros have avoided this version 3.6 of nautilus and some have forked nautilus as 'nemo'.

Last edited by fantab (2012-12-20 20:31:56)

"Evolution is the nature's way of issuing upgrades".

Board footer